Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Liquor.co.za(Registration No. 2021/440911/07, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa (“we”, “us”, “our”).
- Our registered address is 22 Section Street, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 4705.
- By submitting an entry to the Competition, the entrant (“you”, “your”, “yours”) agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions set out herein.
- WHEN DOES THE COMPETITION RUN?
The Competition begins on the date set out in item 1 of the attached schedule (“Schedule”) and ends on the date set out in item 2 of the Schedule (both days inclusive).
- WHO MAY ENTER?
- To participate in the Competition, you must be (i) 18 years or older, (ii) a citizen or a permanent resident of South Africa, and (ii) in possession of a valid South African identity document or residency permit.
- You are not allowed to participate in the Competition if you are:
- a director, member, partner, employee or agent of ours, or a consultant to us;
- directly or indirectly in control of us, or are controlled by us;
- a supplier of goods and/or services in relation to the Competition,
- WHAT CAN YOU WIN?
- By entering the Competition, you stand the chance to win the prize/s set out in item 3 of the Schedule (each a “Prize”).
- Prizes are not transferrable, and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for any other item or for cash.
- WHAT ARE THE COMPETITION RULES?
- [You may enter the Competition as many times as you wish.]
- An entry will be declared invalid if it is:
- unclear, illegible or contains errors;
- submitted via an incorrect entry mechanism;
- submitted by a Disqualified Person;
- not in compliance with these terms for any other reason.
- We reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the Competition and any Prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any right, interest and expectations you may have in terms of the Competition, and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us.
- The Competition is subject to the additional terms and conditions set out in Item 4 of the Schedule, if any.
- HOW ARE WINNER/S SELECTED AND PRIZE/S CLAIMED?
- Please see item 5 of the Schedule for details about the draw.
- The winner/s of Prizes will be selected via a random draw, which will be conducted in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA”), and will be overseen by an independent accountant, registered auditor, attorney or advocate.
- Winner/s will be contacted via preferred email.
- If we are unable to get in touch with a winner within 30 days of the draw, we reserve the right to (i) disqualify that winner and (ii) proceed with the draw of a replacement winner.
- We might require winner/s to complete and submit certain information to ensure compliance with these terms and/or the CPA. If a winner fails to provide this information timeously, they will be disqualified.
- If, for any reason, it becomes unlawful for us to supply a Prize to a winner, the winner will be required to forfeit the Prize.
- We reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original Prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
- You acknowledge that your participation in the Competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a Prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By entering the Competition, you consent to us collecting, storing and utilising your personal information for communication and/or statistical purposes. We only process personal information in accordance with these terms[, read with our privacy notice, which is accessible at https://liquor.co.za/privacy-policy and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
- We may require the winner/s of the Competition to be identified and/or photographed. Such information and/or images may be published in various forms, including via printed media, and/or on radio, television, social media, or otherwise. Winners are entitled to decline the publication of their images and/or decline participation in our marketing material insofar as it relates to the Competition.
- WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS
- By entering the Competition, you warrant that:
- you are unaware of any reason legally prohibiting you from entering the Competition;
- to the extent that you are required, as part of the Competition, to submit any photographs, images, or anything else that requires consent and/or copyright permission, that you have the necessary consent and authority to do so.
- We make no representations and give no warranties (whether expressly or implied) as to the Competition and/or any particular Prize, including that a Prize will:
- meet your requirements, expectations, preferences, standards and/or needs; and/or
- be provided within any particular period.
- By entering the Competition, you warrant that:
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- You agree that we will not be liable for (i) any Competition entries which are not received by us, regardless of the cause thereof, (ii) any technical malfunction or issues beyond our control, including failure of any telephone network, internet connectivity, computer systems, service, or hardware or software failures or malfunctions, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the internet, telephone network or through any service provider, website or other device or medium), and/or (iii) any combination thereof.
- We will not be liable for any accident, injury or loss of property which occurs as a result of, or which is attributable to the Competition, including in respect of you winning, accepting and/or utilising a Prize.
- Regardless of the above, you indemnify us, and our advertising agencies, advisors, agents, shareholders, directors, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies, to the fullest extent permitted by law, against any and all claims (of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising) in respect of the Competition.
Should any dispute arise in relation to the Competition and/or these terms, our decision in relation to the dispute will be final and binding.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with South African law.
In these terms:
- a reference to an enactment is to that enactment as at the date of publication of these terms, as amended and includes any subordinate legislation made from time to time under such enactment;
- a reference to any other document shall be to such agreement or document as amended;
- the word “person” includes a natural person, juristic person, trust, organisation, partnership, joint venture, syndicate, or any other association;
- the words “include”, “including” and “in particular” are by way of example only and shall not limit the generality of any preceding words;
- the words “other” and “otherwise” shall be interpreted as widely as possible and will not be limited by any preceding words;
- if figures are referred to in numerals and in words and there is a conflict between the two, the words shall prevail;
- if any provision becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be severed, to the extent of its illegality, invalidity or unenforceability, from the balance of these terms.
Win a Suzuki Swift.
Competition entries only apply to customers who have signed up to the Liquor.co.za newsletter and who purchased any of the participating brands within the months of September and October 2023.
Please click here to see more details
The winner will be chosen via a random online draw and announced by 10 November 2023.